Sana plans are all-access, which means we're committed to giving you the flexibility to see who you want, when you want, without ever paying out-of-network fees.
Find a Provider
- Log in to your Sana account
- Click the magnifying glass in the navigation bar to access our Find Care tool
- Search for providers by name or specialty
If your preferred provider is already in our system, you're all set! They’re either contracted with us already or have agreed to our rates through our network partner HealthSmart.
Tip: If your provider doesn't immediately recognize Sana, ask them if they bill the HealthSmart Physician & Ancillary Only network. If so, they can bill us.
Not seeing your preferred provider? You have options to see them!
Invite a Provider
- Search Find Care to verify that your preferred provider isn't already in our system
- Scroll to the bottom of the search page and click Invite a Provider
- Follow all steps. We recommend adding notes to the optional text field before you submit. Describing any urgency or specific needs will help us communicate with the provider’s office.
- We’ll take it from here and inform you of any updates along the way.
Approximately 91% of the providers who receive our invitation agree to work with us. Sana will do everything we can to establish a relationship with your provider, but they will make the final decision about accepting a new insurance plan.
If the provider decides not to accept Sana — you still have options!
Ask for the provider’s cash rate to:
- Submit a claim for electronic reimbursement, or
- Explore our Sana Pay program, designed exclusively for members whose providers won’t bill Sana.
If needed, our team can help you find an alternate provider.
How long will your provider invitation take to process?
- New member? Our team will begin outreach to providers once your plan is active. During busy months like January and February, we will prioritize provider invitations by upcoming appointment dates.
- No appointment? We will reach out to your provider as soon as we can. Please let us know if you schedule an appointment after submitting an invite.
- Urgent need? Please share all details in your request to help us accommodate and coordinate with your provider.
- Best practice: Submit your provider invitation with a minimum of 30 days notice of an appointment with a new provider, whenever possible. Some providers require a signed agreement 5-7 business days before an appointment. Others are more flexible.
Watch this 5-minute video to learn how Sana empowers you to get the care you need!
Have additional questions for Sana? You can reach us quickly via chat at sanabenefits.com/chat Monday through Friday, 7 AM–7 PM CST, or at firstname.lastname@example.org or (833) 726-2123.