Our Sana Pay program ended on September 15, 2023.
Superbills for open transactions are due within 60 days of your final Sana Pay charges.
- Collect the itemized receipt or “superbill” from your doctor .
- Email Sana the itemized receipt or “superbill” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Sana Pay Superbill”
- We’ll process your claim and email you an Explanation of Benefits (EOB), specifying your responsibility (copay, coinsurance, or deductible), plus a payment link for any patient responsibility.
- Your Sana Pay invoice is due to Sana within 30 days of the invoice.
- If you have any trouble with the steps above, let us know. Our team can help.
Why do I need a superbill?
We rely on itemized bills to process claims and determine coverage and patient responsibility. If an itemized bill isn't submitted within 60 days, you will be responsible for repaying the entire amount of the transaction to Sana. If you need help obtaining this, please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
What happens after I submit a superbill?
We will process your claim and determine the cost-sharing according to your plan — then we'll email you an invoice for what you owe.
- Your claim may be subject to copay, coinsurance, or deductible.
- Some claims may take up to 60 days to process.
- You can track the status of your claim through the Medical Claims tab.
What if my provider submits a claim to Sana after I use my Sana Pay card?
Ask your provider to refund the amount you paid upfront, in full, to your Sana Pay card.
Your Sana Pay card is issued in your name, so this is no different than requesting a refund to a personal credit card. You can use this script with your provider’s office:
I understand you filed a claim with Sana Benefits for my visit on [date].
I made a self-pay payment for this date of service on [date]. Please issue a full refund to that credit card. If there is a copay or other patient responsibility amount due on this claim, I'd like to use a different personal card for the remaining balance.
What if I want to keep seeing the same provider?
Ask them to bill us directly. We've got a script for that!
What if my preferred provider is unable to bill Sana directly after the Sana Pay program ends?
Learn more about submitting self-pay claims for reimbursement.