Sana is proud to partner with Headspace Care to give you on-demand access to app-based mental health coaching, therapy, and psychiatry. The highly-rated Headspace Care app is clinically proven to reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
Your care will start with private, text-based chats with a licensed coach and self-guided activities.
You can work with your coach, a clinical therapist, or a psychiatrist to identify a mental health goal and work toward it. Headspace Care's continuous model and in-house expertise ensures that no matter what you are going through, you will receive the right level of support.
Coaching, Therapy, and Psychiatry with Headspace Care
Cost & Eligibility
No cost. Headspace Care's app-based behavioral health coaching, content, and virtual clinical services are included in your plan.
Available to Sana members over 13 and older.
- Download the Headspace Care Emotional Support app in the App Store or Google Play
- In the app, tap “Get Started,” and select "My Health Plan" as your sponsor
- Choose from "Primary Plan Holder" and select "Sana Benefits"
- Enter your information, including the email address associated with your Sana portal
- Follow the instructions sent to your inbox and you’re all set
- Download the Headspace Care app
- In the app, tap “Get Started”
- Choose "Sign up as a Dependent" at the bottom of the page
- Select "Spouse/Adult Dependent," then enter the primary plan holder's (i.e. your family member's) information
Primary members can also invite dependents directly from the Headspace Care app.
- Select "Profile" in the bottom right of the app
- Click "Settings," then "Dependents"
- Choose "Refer a dependent"
- Enter the primary plan holder's (i.e. your) information, then click "next" to send the invite
- Adults will need to refer their teen dependents directly from the Headspace Care app.
- In the app, tap “Profile,” then “Dependents” to add your teen
- Your teen will receive an email with instructions and an access code
- After downloading the app, they will use the access code to set up their account
I'm having trouble creating an account, what should I do?
If you are a previous Headspace or Ginger user, try logging into your previous account vs. creating a new account.
Are there visit limits for clinical therapy and psychiatry?
Sana does not set visit limits; however, Headspace Care’s care model takes a goal-oriented approach to helping you meet your mental and emotional health needs. Most people find that 8-12 sessions will help them achieve a goal. Once that goal is met, you can work with your care team to set a new goal and keep seeing your Headspace Care providers.
How does Headspace Care for Teens differ from the adult version of the app?
Support for teens is focused on common challenges like school stress, peer relationships, study habits, sleep issues, anxiety, and depression. Your teen will have private access to behavioral health coaches who can help them feel better in the moment and set achievable goals for the future through text-based chat. If extra support is needed, video-based therapy and psychiatry are also available. Teen Care FAQs
How do Headspace Care Psychiatrists manage medications?
Headspace Care psychiatrists prescribe psychotropics, which are drugs that target the reduction of mental health symptoms. Examples include certain antidepressants, antipsychotics, and anti-anxiety medication. At this time, Headspace Care psychiatrists can't prescribe any controlled substances, including stimulants, benzodiazepines, or opiates.
If you are undergoing psychiatric treatment, your psychiatrist will meet with you every 4-8 weeks to evaluate how your prescribed medication(s) are affecting you. Depending on their evaluation, they might increase or decrease the dosage, or prescribe a different medication.
Have questions? We've got you covered.