Sana is proud to partner with 2nd.MD to give all Sana members direct access to nationally recognized elite specialists from the comfort of your home, all at no cost to you.
2nd.MD is a revolutionary online resource that connects members with the nation's leading medical specialists for second opinions. All Sana members are encouraged to download the 2nd.MD app and register your free account to get access to the expert information you need, when you need it, to feel confident about your medical treatments.
The 2nd.MD Care Team relieves the burden of finding the right specialist, collecting medical records, and navigating the healthcare system, so you can focus on getting the best care possible, as soon as possible. 82% of consultations lead to an improved treatment plan or a different diagnosis.
How it Works
Schedule a consultation with 2nd.MD when you or an eligible dependent have questions about:
- A new or existing diagnosis
- Treatment plan
- Possible surgery
- Your medications
- A chronic condition
When you schedule your consultation, a dedicated Care Team nurse will work with you to learn about your condition, answer questions, and connect you with the best specialist for your needs.
Depending on your health history, some Sana members might get a proactive call, email, or text from 2nd.MD’s caring and compassionate Health Advocates to provide more information. Otherwise, you can feel free to get started on your own!
How to Get Started
- Go to https://www.2nd.md/sana, download the 2nd.MD app, or call (866) 841-2575 to activate your account and request a consultation.
- A nurse will reach out to you, obtain your records, and connect you with a specialist via video or phone within 3 to 5 days at a time that works for you.
- 2nd.MD will send you all follow-up notes and referrals.
2nd.MD Promotions for Sana Members
- Members of PPO Plus (C, B, E, P, and S) plans get up to a $500 deductible credit when they complete their first consultation.
The deductible credit may only be applied towards the unmet portion of the deductible of the member completing the consultation. Credits will be applied within four weeks of completing the consultation and may not be applied towards out-of-pocket maxes, coinsurance, copays, new plan years, or be retroactively applied.