If you are looking for $0 rapid-acting insulins, consider Insulin Lispro Injection.
Humalog® and Insulin Lispro Injection are rapid-acting insulins used to control high blood sugar in adults and children with diabetes, made by Eli Lilly and Company.
Insulin Lispro Injection is an equally safe and effective generic version of Humalog.
Our Pharmacy Benefits Manager, SmithRx offers $0 coverage for Insulin Lispro Injection vials and pens, while its brand name, Humalog, moved to Tier 2 pricing on October 1, 2023.
If you are looking for $0 long-acting insulins, consider the following:
- Insulin Degludec
- Insulin Glarrgine-YFGN
- Tresiba Flextouch 200 Unit/ML Solution Pen
- Semglee (YFGN) 100 Unit/ML Solution Pen
- Rezvoglar Kwikpen 100 Unit/ML Solution Pen
- Levemir Flextouch 100 Unit/ML Solution Pen
What does this mean for insulin users?
Insulin Lispro Injection vials and pens are available to all members for free.
Humalog is available at Tier 2 pricing.
- PPO Plus: $30 per month
- PPO Plus HSA: You pay full price until you meet your deductible; however, manufacturer's coupons are available for $35 a month. Visit www.insulinaffordability.com to receive a savings card and share the card information with your pharmacist.
How to switch from Humalog to Insulin Lispro Injection
If you're due for a Humalog refill, ask your pharmacy to switch your prescription to Insulin Lispro Injection.
- If your state requires a new prescription, your pharmacist should be able to call your provider on your behalf.
- Alternatively, you can talk to your doctor (or a Sana Care provider for $0, if it’s available in your area) about Insulin Lispro Injection and have them send a new prescription to your pharmacy.
Have questions? We've got you covered.