If you're looking to start a family today or preserve your options for the future, we are here for you.
Our all-access plans offer many options for Reproductive Endocrinologists and specialty OB-GYN providers to meet your needs. To find care, sign in to your Sana account and
- Use our Find Care tool to locate providers in your area
- Learn more about our Sana-friendly fertility provider, Kindbody, below
- Invite a provider if your preferred provider doesn’t come up in your search
Individual fertility and family-building journeys will vary by person, generally starting with an exam aligned with your unique conception goals. This may include blood work, hormone testing, ultrasounds, etc. We will work with you and your provider to go over coverage and coordinate benefits.
Impregnation and Infertility Treatment
The following are 70% to 100% covered after the deductible is met, depending on your plan.
- Artificial insemination
- Fertility Drugs
- G.I.F.T. (Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer)
- Impotency Drugs such as Viagra™
- In-vitro fertilization
- Surrogate mother (unless the surrogate is a Participant, in which case the Preventive Care and/or Pregnancy expenses will be covered in accordance with the plan provisions)
- Donor eggs
- Collection or purchase of donor semen (sperm) or oocytes (eggs)
- Freezing of sperm, oocytes, or embryos, or any type of artificial impregnation procedure, whether or not such procedure is successful
The above is a summarized example of coverage. Benefits and coverage are defined by your Summary Plan Description (SPD). In case of a conflict, the SPD supersedes all summaries.
To learn about the fertility coverage and cost-sharing of the plan you selected, visit the Document Center of your Sana account, select the SPD appropriate to your plan, and review the section on Impregnation and Infertility Treatment.
- Covered fertility treatments must meet the criteria for Medical Necessity.
- Covered services will apply toward your deductible and out-of-pocket max.
- One round of In vitro fertilization (IVF) is covered every three plan years when medically necessary. This includes a completed stimulation, retrieval, and fertilization. There are no plan limits on other covered impregnation and fertility services when medically necessary.
- Fertility medications are subject to standard copays and medication tiers.
Specialty fertility drugs are available through Kindbody and Schraft's 2.0 Fertility Pharmacy. Here's how it works:
- Your treating physician determines your course of treatment and sends prescriptions to Kindbody's pharmacy partner, Schraft's 2.0.
- A pharmacy representative will contact you directly to coordinate overnight shipping.
- You will receive a Kindbody Medication Box with instructions.
- When the box arrives, visit the Kindbody portal to access video instructions on administering and storing medications.
We believe everyone should have access to convenient and affordable reproductive health and fertility care.
Kindbody is a Sana-friendly provider offering access to a wide range of women’s health, fertility, and family-building options at a fair price — including a 10% discount for non-covered services. You may also have access to financing options.
Kindbody’s specialized Fertility Care Navigators will guide you every step of the way. They offer a virtual care platform and modern, tech-enabled clinics where you can receive various services including egg-freezing, intrauterine insemination (IUI), in-vitro fertilization (IVF), gynecology, women’s wellness, and LGBTQ+ care. Discover if there's a Kindbody clinic near you.
To get started with Kindbody:
- Visit kindbody.com/activate-kindbody-benefit
- Click Activate Benefit
- Use your email address to create a Kindbody account
- Enter the access code: KINDSANA and a Unique ID which is your Sana member ID number followed by:
-00 if you are the subscriber
-01 if you are the spouse or first dependent on the plan
-02 for all other dependents