If you're looking to start a family today or preserve your options for the future, we are here for you.
Our flexible network plans offer many options for Reproductive Endocrinologists and specialty OB-GYN providers to meet your needs.
- Use Find Care to browse $0 Care Partners, contracted providers, and 1.7 million provider locations through affiliate networks.
- Don't see what you're looking for? Use Flex Care options to see your preferred providers. We will work with any provider, and we never charge out-of-network fees.
Learn more about our Sana-friendly fertility provider, Kindbody.
Individual fertility and family-building journeys will vary by person, generally starting with an exam aligned with your unique conception goals. This may include blood work, hormone testing, ultrasounds, etc. We will work with you and your provider to go over coverage and coordinate benefits.
Impregnation and Infertility Treatment
The following are 70% to 100% covered after the deductible is met, depending on your plan.
- Artificial insemination
- Fertility Drugs
- G.I.F.T. (Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer)
- Impotency Drugs such as Viagra™
- In-vitro fertilization
- Surrogate mother (unless the surrogate is a Participant, in which case the Preventive Care and/or Pregnancy expenses will be covered in accordance with the plan provisions)
- Donor eggs
- Collection or purchase of donor semen (sperm) or oocytes (eggs)
- Freezing of sperm, oocytes, or embryos, or any type of artificial impregnation procedure, whether or not such procedure is successful
The above is a summarized example of coverage. Benefits and coverage are defined by your Summary Plan Description (SPD). In case of a conflict, the SPD supersedes all summaries.
To learn about the fertility coverage and cost-sharing of the plan you selected, visit the Document Center of your Sana account, select the SPD appropriate to your plan, and review the section on Impregnation and Infertility Treatment.
- Covered fertility treatments must meet the criteria for Medical Necessity.
- Covered services will apply toward your deductible and out-of-pocket max.
- One round of In vitro fertilization (IVF) is covered every three plan years when medically necessary. This includes a completed stimulation, retrieval, and fertilization. There are no plan limits on other covered impregnation and fertility services when medically necessary.
- Fertility medications are subject to standard copays and medication tiers, and are available through Kindbody and Schraft's 2.0 Fertility Pharmacy.