Sana covers transportation and lodging expenses for covered medically necessary care for you and a companion when specialty care is unavailable within a 150-mile radius of your home address on file with Sana.
Beginning October 1, 2022, all members are eligible for reimbursement of travel benefit expenses up to $2,000 per plan year when the criteria above are met.
Note: Reimbursement is subject to the deductible for PPO Plus HSA plans.
Transportation and Lodging Coverage
The following categories are eligible for reimbursement with a valid receipt.
- Lodging (hotel, bed and breakfast, short-term rental) and
- Standard mileage reimbursement per IRS guidelines or
- Standard airfare, train or bus tickets, rideshare, or taxi services
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a reimbursement
- Please submit proof of receiving the medically necessary care covered by your plan
- All receipts must include dates and addresses
- Travel and lodging must occur on the date of your appointment and up to one day before or after
- When driving and submitting for gas/toll reimbursement, you must include a link to your route via Google Maps or similar
- Food and personal expenses
- Travel outside of your reasonable recovery period
Taxable Income for Travel Benefits
Reimbursements over $50 per day are considered taxable. You will receive a 1099-MISC form for taxable reimbursements exceeding $600 per calendar year.
Need help finding care? We offer surgery and procedure support to help you find the highest-quality care that is right for you. Email email@example.com to request assistance.